Does the Title feel you little strange ?? Yes it is possible to chat in Command line Interface in Windows like Unix system you don't need to download any messenger. Just few simple Batch command and running the Messenger Service in windows.
Little Guide to Start Messenger Service :
1. Go To Start Click on Run (or Use Windows + R shortcut for Run)
2. Enter services.msc , Click OK
3. Search for Messenger, Right Click go to properties, probably its Disabled so make it manual, hit Start.
Well you have done it, For now.
Time For your Messenger Code (Batch File)
set /p n=User:
set /p m=Message:
net send %n% %m%
Save this code in Text file, Renaming as Messenger.bat(what ever name you love, remember to keep its extension as .Bat)
Running your Messenger :
1. Go To command prompt.
2. run your Batch file (messenger.bat)
3. Will ask for user name- enter the IP address of person whom you want to talk.
4. Then for Message - Enter Message.
5. Just wait for reply. and Njoy the Chat.
you can use it when you don't have messenger like Yahoo etc, your browsers are corrupted.
Messenger service is already Disabled in your service to make you secure. keeping it running makes your system unsafe. So this trick is just for the Try not an real ultimate solution.